Voter-ID Bill veto'ed again...

eeboater

Commander
Well, Governor Jim Doyle here in Wisconsin veto'ed the Voter ID Bill again...<br /><br />I just don't understand why you WOULDN'T want to show a photo ID when you vote. It just makes your vote more legitimate..<br /><br />I think the only reason you would be against the requirement that you show an ID to vote is if you plan on, or are in support of cheating in elections.<br /><br />Sean

D

DJ

Re: Voter-ID Bill veto'ed again...

I think the only reason you would be against the requirement that you show an ID to vote is if you plan on, or are in support of cheating in elections.<br />
Or, you are an illegal alien and should not be voting anyway.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

So would the ID be scanned or something to that effect or would it be like buying cigarettes where you show it to them and thats it? I have no clue.<br /><br />If they are being scanned and entered into a database accessible to every other county in the state, it would be a good idea as long as no personal data was used. If you just gotta show it to them and thats it then it is a waste of time and money, which the taxpayer will have to pay for. I'm personally more worried about whether or not my vote is actually counted.<br /><br />Does Wisconsin use electronic voting machines?

eeboater

Commander

Mrb...<br /><br />No, we do not use electronic voting machines, it's the paper kind with the marker where you draw a line (not sure if you're familiar with that).<br /><br />I they aren't scanning the ID or anything like that. All they are doing is verifying that you are who you say you are. Thats not a horrible thing.<br /><br />As far as the elderly and "minorities" the voter ID is FREE at the DMV.<br /><br />Sean

PW2

Commander

While I have no information on this Wisconsin bill, it has been my experience that supporters of particular legislation often call it one thing when in reality it often does something altogether different.<br /><br />I don't know if that is the case in this instance, but I suspect there is a reason why it was vetoed, and an objective analysis will probably uncover the reason for it.

sid the squid

Seaman

It was defeated because the democrats know that if they want to have any chance at the polls they need as many illegal votes as they can get. Having to show a valid ID would keep too many dead and out of town voters away from the polls.

Link

Rear Admiral

Sid The Squid <br />Sad but true

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Sid The Squid:<br /> It was defeated because the democrats know that if they want to have any chance at the polls they need as many illegal votes as they can get. Having to show a valid ID would keep too many dead and out of town voters away from the polls.
...and that's no joke. The current Governor of Wa State was elected by 129 votes after 2 recounts (3 counts). The number of dead, unregistered and felons who voted were acknowledged to be many times that number. The courts would do nothing because they said there was no organized fraud in evidence. Go figure. :mad: <br /><br />The country is turning upside down. Everyone is out for their own self interest. Truth, morality and honesty be damned.<br /><br />I'll take this moment to throw in a little bit of scripture. <br /><br />Isaiah 5:20-Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter.<br /><br />Isaiah 5:21-Woe unto then that are wise (progressive; my add)in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

and Gov Doyle endorsed legislation that would provide Gov insured mortgage loans to illegal immigrants,er, excuse me, "undocumented" immigrants. ;) An example of "buying" votes through legislation I do believe.<br /><br />Doyle's veto is a blatant endorsement of fraudulent voting tactics the Dem's use, as exposed in the '04 presidential election here in WI. :mad:

eeboater

Commander

PW2, Doyle says he veto'ed it because he felt it would dis-enfranchise the elderly.<br /><br />Funny thing is, he had no problem hiding certain OTC drugs behind the pharmacy counter. This was because kids were using the drugs for iappropriate reasons... guess he figures the elderly never get sick.<br /><br />Sean

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

fraudulent voting that negates my vote dis-enfranchises me.......oh yea, Doyle does not care for my mostly Republican voting history, thus a voter committing a felony by voting Dem party multiple times is favorable to Doylie.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Doyle is a liar. The presidential election results in Wisconsin are being investigated by the feds due to several liberal groups illegally registering thousands of people. The previous election had democrats trucking in the homeless and giving them cigarettes to vote for Gore, and the att. general decided to let the rich NY state liberal go without prosecution because the "election was decided". There are thousands of multiple voters, why would Milwaukee county need 2.7 million ballots for a city that only had 400,000+ registered voters?<br /><br />This is the democratic cash cow for votes that don't exist. Doyle knows it, and his concern for the elderly is pathetic as he veto'ed a property tax freeze at least three times. We are the fifth highest taxed state and Doyle just can't seem to make a go of it. The man isn't even a good liar.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

ya know, I'm gonna become a "Dino" (democrat in name only) so I can screw everybody. seniors, children, middle class, rich, poor, minority's, everybody. why.....so I can make all the money I can, shelter and hide it, support legislation and initiatives that will allow me to profit (see prior post of mine regarding Doyle's support of mortgage bill for illegal aliens) via investing in business interests that benefit from Dem policies. <br /><br />And voting, while I will still tend to vote Republican, I will shamelessly vote several or more times in the interest of honoring the Wisconsin tradition of "Vote Now, Vote Frequently". Think multiple Republican votes are appropriate to offset the Dinos voting tactics? Me thinks so.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

matter of fact, I can start my political career here in the land of cheese by standing on a stump and spewing verbiage that pleases the typical Wisconsin Democrat voter. lay it on as to how "we" need to embrace and care for our elderly and how evil the Re pubes are for actually asking the Wisconsin Teachers Union to be accountable for the funds the Teachers use to fatten their wallets, .'er,....use to educate Wisconsin children.<br /><br />I get elected via the gullible and sheeply Wisconsin Democrat voters, then behave as a typical Liberal Dem publicly, but vote as a Republican.<br /><br />I do believe that Wisconsin's Republican pols as well as we the constituents should implement the same tactics that the Demos use.