Volvo Penta I/O & Inboard Gas Engines & Outdrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

djnordeen

Seaman
Links under Adults Only not working correctly. I tried the Winterize and Sumerize and they led me to the wrong page.

Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We're working on it.

Over the years since I became a Mod, I have personally fixed Adults Only and other FAQs several times. It is continuous process because of the fluidity, especially links to outside resources. Even links to other iBoats threads to a specific post can change if the thread containing the post changes the post number. During the transfer to the new forum, the database was cleaned up and deleted posts were removed and post numbers were reassigned causing some links to break.

We're finding and fixing them. Hang in there for a little while longer.

djnordeen

Seaman
We're working on it.

Over the years since I became a Mod, I have personally fixed Adults Only and other FAQs several times. It is continuous process because of the fluidity, especially links to outside resources. Even links to other iBoats threads to a specific post can change if the thread containing the post changes the post number. During the transfer to the new forum, the database was cleaned up and deleted posts were removed and post numbers were reassigned causing some links to break.

We're finding and fixing them. Hang in there for a little while longer.

Bad time of year for the winterize link not to work

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Bad time of year for the winterize link not to work
or look in your factory service manual

drain the block drains and exhaust manifold drains - use a wire to probe the drains to make sure they are clear. if you have a 4.3, drain the thermostat housing drain as well. then pull the J-hose, the raw water pump cover to drain water out of the hoses.

then if you want to put anti freeze in the motor, put the hoses back on, start at the thermostat housing with a funnel and fill the water jacket up with anti freeze.

djnordeen

Seaman
or look in your factory service manual

drain the block drains and exhaust manifold drains - use a wire to probe the drains to make sure they are clear. if you have a 4.3, drain the thermostat housing drain as well. then pull the J-hose, the raw water pump cover to drain water out of the hoses.

then if you want to put anti freeze in the motor, put the hoses back on, start at the thermostat housing with a funnel and fill the water jacket up with anti freeze.
Thanks Scott. I have a Volvo Penta 3.0 1 drain on block 1 drain on exhaust. Took j hose and replacing impeller

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
dont forget the annual drive service

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This section is for reporting issues with the forum, not for winterizing questions. Start a thread in the proper forum section.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.