Volvo Penta FWC kit?

SeaTrek

Cadet
It's a 2000 5.0L G.I. Serpantine, EFI.<br />Has anyone on the board done the conversion with one of the aftermarket kits? The reason I'm asking is that the two sites I have researched that sell these kits give conflicting information on which kit fits this engine. One is a front starboard vertical mount exchanger and the other is a front bottom horizontal mount.<br />The prices are pretty much the same, I just don't want to purchase the wrong kit.<br />Thanks in advance.

tommays

Admiral
Re: Volvo Penta FWC kit?

the motor is older than recomened for a change to FWC due to the scale that has built up cloging the heat exchanger <br /><br /><br />tommays

SeaTrek

Cadet

The boat was purchased with 9 hours on the engine in 2004. It had been stored with anti freeze in the engine and manifolds. I've done the same flush and winterize for the last two years and there is little or no build-up with 68 hours on the motor. Still too old????

mmainelli

Seaman Apprentice

RW intake hose from the outdrive runs along the starboard side of the engine (left side, looking from bow to stern). The power steering oil cooler is in line with the hose, in the rear of the engine. Somewhere along the hose (between PS cooler and front RW pump, make a cut and insert a "T" fitting. Put a hose length on the "T" with a sealing cap screw end fitting that takes a garden hose. Connect hose while idling, turn on hose water and flush (both out the sterndrive and into the engine). At idle rpm, hose pressure will flush both in both directions. Can do on trailer or at dockside. VP has no pump in the outdrive.