Volvo Penta AQ260B swap from AQ131D rev3

DDAADDYY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So it's going pretty good, pulled AQ131D, installed rubber hooks, youch pricey!!,transom shield, y pipe, and steering fork two days ago and last night plopped AQ260B engine in. Transom was solid as a rock and stringers seem dandy as well. Motor is centered, although y pipe seems like it's center and everything else is 5/16" or 3/8" off but it's OK too. I am right around the corner to doing alignment check before I commit the motor mounts to stringers i.e. screw them down. In looking at the transom shield to flywheel housing, there's 4 raised tabs at 3,6,9 and 12 o'clock on both the shield and the housing. I greased the clamping ring bolts torqued to 25ft. lbs. and am wondering, what "should" the gap between the raised tabs be? I'm sitting at about 3/16" all 4, yes looked at bottom one with mirror. We're having a warm snap up here too so I may be able to test 'er before winterization time. It's all good so far. Sits better on trailer as well extra weight balances trailer so tounge is lighter on the hitch with less downward load on truck, win win so far. After this it's the 280B leg and I'm off to the races.
Thanks in advance guys.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Volvo Penta AQ260B swap from AQ131D rev3

There are only alignment tabs on the top and both sides, nothing underneath.
Here is what it shows in the manual. You don't need the alignment tool, any wedge shaped item will work.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Volvo Alignment.jpg
    Volvo Alignment.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1

DDAADDYY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Volvo Penta AQ260B swap from AQ131D rev3

There are only alignment tabs on the top and both sides, nothing underneath.

Well it was dark what the heck am I looking at?

Thanks for the tip going to set it tonight and try housing/shaft alignment, and all the connections electrical etc. then leg/carb tomorrow.