volvo flush system

jwilkin

Cadet
I have a 1995 Volvo 5.8L Duo prop.<br />I have to disconnect hose from intake and stick <br />garden hose in it to run motor.<br />Is there a better way?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: volvo flush system

I just use a set of muffs similar to the ones pictured below. There are some designed with a deeper U in the rod tht will allow them to work on the DP-S style Volvo drives.<br />I would bet that Iboats even sells them, did you check out the Iboats mega mall?<br /><br />
366450047.jpg

jwilkin

Cadet

I have the DP-S. The intake is close to the front edge. I can't get my muffs to seal.<br />I am in salt water so I would realy like to be able to flush it.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

They will never seal completely, but when you start it, it will suck the water into the pump.<br />If you have any questions, tow your boat to the marine repair facility of your choice, and I am sure they will show you how to use them properly.<br />That first time can really cost you if you don't know what you're doing and do it wrong.<br />And it's way hard to try to explain (without actually showing) how it's done here on a forum.<br />Even if they charged you 20 bucks and actually put it on a hose and showed you how to do it, it's cheaper than a new impeller if you screw it up.