Volvo Actuator Leak

Yz229

Seaman
I know, another leak thread. Found a leak at the bottom of the actuator on the cotter pin. Not seeing any loose lines, but it's dripping from there pretty good.

Does anyone know which cylinder this leak could be coming from? I know there is a company called 5 star that can send rebuild kit, but only if it's certain seals. Having a hard time figuring that out because everything else appears dry.

Attachments

• IMG_1132.jpeg
    IMG_1132.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

Renny76

Recruit
I know, another leak thread. Found a leak at the bottom of the actuator on the cotter pin. Not seeing any loose lines, but it's dripping from there pretty good.

Does anyone know which cylinder this leak could be coming from? I know there is a company called 5 star that can send rebuild kit, but only if it's certain seals. Having a hard time figuring that out because everything else appears dry.
The hose fitting may be leaking. Mine are and all 4 hoses are getting replaced in the offseason.
I also got the cylinder rebuild kit from 5 star. It replaces all of the gaskets inside the cylinder. You would see fluid coming from the piston if you had a bad internal seal. Mine were pissing fluid from the piston too.

Yz229

Seaman
I am presuming you are talking about the steering actuator?
Yes, the actuator is leaking. It's leaking very quicky, like a hose is loose even though they are tight and not leaking. Or maybe the seal is just cracked. Has anyone seen them leak that fast?

Last edited: