Volvo 5.7 GI-J high idle after replacing IAC

Toypirate

Seaman Apprentice
The engine plate 5.7GI-J P# 3869403 S#4012230884 & 5 DP-SM drives 525hrs ea.
are these GXI-J engines?

So I was told both engines were stalling at idle rpms. I suggested possible bad iac's as I have seen so many times before. The boat was on land due to prop damage and all I could do was look at the iac's which would actuate in and out with the ignition, no excessive wear and their ports were clean. I cannot locate the parts breakdown for the GI-J but found the GXI-J P#3843750.
Concerned, the owner asked to have them replaced. That was done along with both trim senders, 4 bellows, both gimbal bearings, an engine alignment, and an a.c. condensate sump box.

After getting launched both engines ran at desired speed 600rpm for 4 1/2 minutes then creep up to 1200-1350 and stay there until they are manually shut down and restarted where they repeat this process exactly. (The control cables are not pulling the throttle plates open) (there is no stalling condition as initially reported)

I now connected the Diacom software to both engines (one at a time) and saw some stuff I don't recognize.
I was able to affect the idle speed accurately in Diacom's test mode so I assume the ECMs and IACs are playing nice together. (I did not do this for 4 1/2 minutes...forgive me I had an impressed yet inquisitive boat owner beside me)

Engine running IAC 40-60 counts at 600rpm but as the rpms ramp up to high idle the IAC would ramp down to 18 counts and pin there. TPS .52v
Key on/engine off IAC 183 counts TPS .80v
Key off IAC At shutdown I saw 65400 dropping counts and 10 counts briefly as they were rolling back before setting at 100. TPS .14v
This occurs on both engines almost identically & consistently.
This is recorded on my laptop. If I can figure out how to post it I will or ask for other parameters and I will post them.

If there is really a difference in the 5.7GI-J and the 5.7GXI-J iac's I'll have to own that, so where are the GI-J diagrams? Are they rep. available only? I'll need to see it.
I cannot think of how an impact could cause this.
Has anyone else had this issue from a stall description?

Toypirate

Seaman Apprentice
The engine plate 5.7GI-J P# 3869403 S#4012230884 & 5 DP-SM drives 525hrs ea.
are these GXI-J engines?

So I was told both engines were stalling at idle rpms. I suggested possible bad iac's as I have seen so many times before. The boat was on land due to prop damage and all I could do was look at the iac's which would actuate in and out with the ignition, no excessive wear and their ports were clean. I cannot locate the parts breakdown for the GI-J but found the GXI-J P#3843750.
Concerned, the owner asked to have them replaced. That was done along with both trim senders, 4 bellows, both gimbal bearings, an engine alignment, and an a.c. condensate sump box.

After getting launched both engines ran at desired speed 600rpm for 4 1/2 minutes then creep up to 1200-1350 and stay there until they are manually shut down and restarted where they repeat this process exactly. (The control cables are not pulling the throttle plates open) (there is no stalling condition as initially reported)

I now connected the Diacom software to both engines (one at a time) and saw some stuff I don't recognize.
I was able to affect the idle speed accurately in Diacom's test mode so I assume the ECMs and IACs are playing nice together. (I did not do this for 4 1/2 minutes...forgive me I had an impressed yet inquisitive boat owner beside me)

Engine running IAC 40-60 counts at 600rpm but as the rpms ramp up to high idle the IAC would ramp down to 18 counts and pin there. TPS .52v
Key on/engine off IAC 183 counts TPS .80v
Key off IAC At shutdown I saw 65400 dropping counts and 10 counts briefly as they were rolling back before setting at 100. TPS .14v
This occurs on both engines almost identically & consistently.
This is recorded on my laptop. If I can figure out how to post it I will or ask for other parameters and I will post them.

If there is really a difference in the 5.7GI-J and the 5.7GXI-J iac's I'll have to own that, so where are the GI-J diagrams? Are they rep. available only? I'll need to see it.
I cannot think of how an impact could cause this.
Has anyone else had this issue from a stall description?
Does anyone have experience with this problem?