Volvo 3.0 SX Maint.

Coolwater II

Cadet
Last spring I purchased a 95 Dynasty BR, with the Volvo 3.0SX drive. Other then having to replace the starter I didn't have any problems with the motor. I had it winterized by the local marina. What should I have done in the spring? I have never owned an I/O before. I know the oil should be changed, what about bellows, gimball bearings, water pump? I have read bits and pieces on this board, but would like a list of things to take to my marina in the spring. Thanks for your help.<br />Coolwater

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Volvo 3.0 SX Maint.

Best thing to do in the fall is all the oil changes, filter changes (Including fuel filters), gear lube changes, lubes, pull drive and inspect bellows for water, check alignment, etc.<br />Then in the spring it's just a matter of doing a COMPLETE tuneup, including checking the timeing and advance timing, compression check (Keep records of this test to keep an eye on engine wear) carb adjustment etc.<br />And get a service manual for your engine and drive, it will be the best tool you have. The OEM mauals also includes a complete maintenance schedule<br />The bellows should be good for about 5 years, but the impeller should be changed at LEAST every other year.