Visited the Atlantic City Boat Show today

aspeck

Staff member
Visited some beautiful vessels today. Most were way outa my price range, but they sure were beautiful! It was a great way to spend the afternoon!

aspeck

Staff member
You mean your not going to be able to post in the “ Boat to big for garage” thread.
Nope! Nothing in my price range that would fit in my garage. Actually told one of the salespeople there, “This is a beautiful boat, but it won’t fit in my garage. That is one of the criteria.” Told a few other s, “I moderate a boating forum, I am just here for research.” That answer worked best for learning about their product without the sales pressures.

aspeck

Staff member
No pics … didn’t want the salespeople to think I was that interested 😱. Recorded 2 1/2 miles of walking while in the show …

tpenfield

Staff member
When at the boat show recently, I told the sales person that I'd need a substantial raise in my allowance in order to talk seriously. :ROFLMAO:

aspeck

Staff member
I loved the guy negotiating on a $1.5M vessel. Not one mention of price. Only talking about the color of the radar dome and the configuration of the front seating.

One of the “cheaper” boats had a monthly payment listed under the price. Wife and I laughed because the monthly payment was almost twice the amount of my monthly take home pay. Guess that one was out also!