Visit from my Father!

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer
Dad stopped by today. <br /><br />He is 73 and acts like he is maybe 60. Good health and humor. <br />I spent all morning cooking up a dinner that he would like and would fit his diet and I think I pulled it off!<br /><br />My son and daughter got some quality time with their Pa-paw and he was able to visit with them one on one.<br /><br />Wife was home too so that made it complete.<br /><br />He got to see how we have collected items from all parts of the family and tied them into the decor of our house. He mentioned that he has several things that ought to be included and would we be interested?<br /><br />Sat down and watched about 1/3 of "Saving Private Ryan".<br /><br />Went and got his grandson's hair cut and just sat in the barbor shop relaxin'.<br /><br />I love my father and know that one day there will no longer be an opportunity to share with him.<br /><br />He knows I love him, I know he loves me and all is right in this little corner of God's world.<br /><br />Parrott_head

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Visit from my Father!

That is way cool Parrott_head.<br />Do things with him as long and as often as you can.<br /><br />I lost my dad while he was still young, 56, and there is not a day goes by that I don't think about him.<br />He died in 1985.<br /><br />We did everything together, work on cars, go fishing, work the gardens, everything.<br /><br />There is nothing better than to be able to spend time with family, cause like a good friend says,<br />"Spend life to the fullest, cause it can be gone in a blink of an eye"<br /><br />Just keep on keeping on Parrott_head.<br /> :cool:

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

same boat as SBN here. all those mornings he woke<br />me up to go fishing with him as a kid, just wish<br />he could fish with his 2 grandsons now.<br />yur lucky he's still with you PH and even more<br />lucky that you are able to recognize the blessing.<br />most take it for granted till it's too late IMO.<br />enjoy! :D <br />M.Y.

LadyFish

Admiral

That's great Parrott_Head. I'm sure the day was just as special to him. :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's awesome! Its great that you are aware of how blessed you are. May you have many more happy times with your Pa.<br />Bassy

aspeck

Staff member

That's terrific Parrott! Like Spinner, I sure miss my dad - beginning of August it will be 5 years since he passed away and I sure miss him! Enjoy the time you have with him.<br /><br />A week before Dad died, I left for Ghana. At the airport we hugged and said good-bye, told each other we loved the other, it was a rather emotional time. Dind't know those would be the last words I would ever speak to him, but sure glad the last were a great "Good-bye." Take advantage of eveyday you have with the ones you love!