Vinyl seats and cushions Care, cleaning etc..

vwall

Cadet
As most boats have, Vinyl seats and cushions, I am looking for advise on what products to use to clean my seats and cushions.<br />The cushions are stained from being stored outside and ther seats as well.<br /><br />I have tried Simple Green and Oxy Clean and 409 and Fantastic but it just doesnt clean them all the way up.<br /><br />Is there a product out there that ACTUALLY works?<br /><br />Also, does vinyl need to be conditioned?<br /><br />i was told to put Vasoline on the seats and let the sun's heat work it in and then wipe them off..<br /><br />i did that for cleaning and conditioning but it didnt clean it any better than the other products..<br /><br />So is it wise to use vasoline to stop the seats and cushions from cracking or is there a better solution...<br /><br />Please help if you can...

Stratosfied

Ensign
Re: Vinyl seats and cushions Care, cleaning etc..

I have used StarBrite Mildew remover and It works great!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

vwall, here is a post that has some good ideas.<br /> mildew

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

I've had good luck with Armorall cleaners and protectant.

chris in va

Chief Petty Officer

I asked a marina the same question. They swear by the Orange Clean-type stuff, and I agree. Works great!

knowake

Cadet

try using the smooth hand cleaner sold in auto stores its the one with lanolyn in it it cleans very well plus the lanolyn help protect it then after you clean them keep using a vinyl seat protecter in any car or boat store to help keep it from stanning again

vwall

Cadet

Thanks for the tips guys!!!<br /><br />I'll bring a little of everyhting on the list!