viking 15 horse outboard problems

davan2008

Recruit
i hav a 195? viking 15 horse the motor sputtered on me a few times then ran fine again then it died all together i replaced the fuel pump installed a carb kit and nothing it will run when i spray fuel into the spark plug holes and carb then it dies when it is running i have to put the choke on it will run for a bit then dead again im thinking i got a vacum leak somewhere is it possible that my crank seal would do this? ive taken compression test and it has 90lbs on one and 87 on other the motor ran great a few weeks ago it did seem to be under powered tho when it did sputter it would do it while trolling and would eventually straighten out any help would be appreciated i dont have much hair left to pull out :confused:

davan2008

Recruit
Re: viking 15 horse outboard problems

i hav a 195? viking 15 horse the motor sputtered on me a few times then ran fine again then it died all together i replaced the fuel pump installed a carb kit and nothing it will run when i spray fuel into the spark plug holes and carb then it dies when it is running i have to put the choke on it will run for a bit then dead again im thinking i got a vacum leak somewhere is it possible that my crank seal would do this? ive taken compression test and it has 90lbs on one and 87 on other the motor ran great a few weeks ago it did seem to be under powered tho when it did sputter it would do it while trolling and would eventually straighten out any help would be appreciated i dont have much hair left to pull out :confused:
can someone help me out

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: viking 15 horse outboard problems

Other outboard brands forum
Welcome to iboats.