Very sad event.

64osby

Admiral
Over the Holiday weekend, two families rented a pontoon on a large local lake. While anchored at a sand bar they let the kids swim. A 15 year old boy started with a life jacket but proceeded to take it off. The parents requested he put it back on more than once.

At some point the teenager started to struggle in deeper water, without his life jacket. Two adults jumped in to rescue the boy. The father was able to find and get a hold of him and hand him off to the other person (we know this person) on the sandbar.

The teenager was panicked and put up a big fight. When he finally settled down the people realized the father was missing.

Rescue was called. They found his body after two days of searching.

I know this lake, spent many summers on it when I was young. It is just over 2000 acres. It is deep and early in the season it is cold. Water temps would be in the low 60's this time of year.

The boy recovered in the hospital after a couple days.

Very tragic.

Be safe and smart while out have fun.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I hate these stories, here in Montana where our water is cold year around, it happens every single year and it is always heartbreaking, parent lost saving child, a noble, but never the less very sad loss.