Very new to this.

suave gav

Cadet
Hi im looking to get in touch with JB (ancient mariner) as he seems very knowledgeable on Johnson engines. i Just bought a fletcher cathedral hull with a johnson seahorse 18, but was told it was a 45hp. seem strange? the model no is FD12 1R i think. and the serial no is C522994. Any info would be great as im dying to get my boat in the water. thanks.

ndemge

Commander
Re: Very new to this.

The JB will be moving your post shortly :) how's that for flagging him down!<br /><br />Have no usefull info for you, but Welcome aboard!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Hey, <br /><br />Welcome aboard, someone in the johnson forum is bound to know something about it. Keep posting as not everyone checks the sight every night.<br /><br />Good Luck and enjoy..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, SG.<br /><br />SBN called it. '58 18hp.<br /><br />Also: Use a 24:1 fuel mix (1Qt TC-W3 outboard oil to 6 gals 87 octane unleaded regular).<br /><br />It takes Champion J4C plugs gapped at .030" for high speed and all-'round usage, .040" for lots of idling and trolling.<br /><br />Set points at .020".<br /><br />I will move this to Outboard Non-repair discussions.