Very helpful man gets wet and a bump on the head

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer
So after a good day at the lake we decide it's time to load up the boat and head home. It was about 5pm or so and the single ramp was gettin busy... both loading and unloading. There was a group of people that had three boats in the water... and a bunch of people at the dock waiting there turn.<br /><br />As boats come in or out they were being helpful during the process... making sure boats were on trailer right.... getting them to the dock. besides they were in the lake and wet... and I didn't want to be. I back the trailer in and they help the wife pull the boat around the ramp side of the dock. Thought to myself this is nice. Gettin it all lined up, one of the other guys states the ramp is a bit slick. Next thing I know this man grabs ahold of the transom to pull it towards him, slips on the ramp, hits his head on the back of the boat and in he goes. He was ok..... thank god!!<br /><br />Funny thing is this man tryin to help only waisted a bit more of my time.... and got a bump on his head. It's usually straight foward for me to do this by myself in little time. Goes to show sometimes it's best not to help!!!

rayjay

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Very helpful man gets wet and a bump on the head

It's the old "No good deed goes unpunished" adage.

Marauderk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

To many sue happy people in the world for me to ask for help inless i am in very bad shape.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

well he was just trying to help. poor guy i bet he had a head ache the next morning. some folks just are good hearted. but i understand were your comming from. :D

Marauderk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well i will leand a hand most times to people but if i hurt myself then i am not going to sue you lol

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

I wouldn't sue either.... unless maybe they purposly backed over me with the trailer.... <br /><br />It prolly hurt more then a hangover