Used Sea Ray 205...

Lobo Lt

Recruit
Hello all,

I went "looking" at boats today (always fun) and visited a Sea Ray dealer I have been to in the past. We talked, I told him i got the 2ft itch and said i would like to upgrade to a used 205. He didnt have any, but on my way home he called me about a used 2008? (located at the main store rather than the lake front) - i havent seen it yet, im going tomorrow. asking $30k, but what is baffling me is that it is an '08 and said to be used. I checked out the website and it said "never been used" although its selling as "used." Have any of you come across this situation before? and what do you think about that price?

Trudy
'04 Sea Ray 185 sport

mrmushroomman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Used Sea Ray 205...

You can get the vin# off of the boat and run a check on it. It's hard to tell if the price is good because i don't know what options boat has and what motor is in it. I know that the 2007 195 with the 4.3 merc carburated was going for around $25,000-$30,000. You can get on Sea Rays website and look up the model of boat you are interested in and see what price they have. You can also go into there archives section to look up info on older models.If the boat has an hour meter on it you could look at that,not saying that the hour meter couldn't have been changed out. You should be able to look at the boat inside and out and tell if it's new or used. They can hook up computer to the motor to tell you how many hours motor has ran also. Good luck.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

depending on where you live

an 08 would have not been used....the season hasnt been started yet !

if your in fla....yeah...ok...a demo boat he wants to sell you.....

more than likely....a new boat at a used price so he can get a sale

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

I am in Tennessee and already been out in the water 4 times this season. This could have been a demo boat from a show either they did or Sea Ray did and they got it in inventory to sell it.

Check out the hour meter and ask why it is "used", he might just give you the honest answer.

Though as in comparison, I bought a 195 Sport in July 07 (New) with the 4 speaker stereo, Cockpit/Bow/Bimini Canvas Package, sun sport seating, Carpet, 4.3L MPFI with Stainless Prop, and the other typical crap for just under $24K.