Used circle hooks for the first time....

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Very impressed. I have heard how many setups you will lose.... but after I quit snatching on the rods and allowed the hooks to work properly... I caught lots of critters.

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Used circle hooks for the first time....

I use them now on the big pond as well. Took me a long time to get over the urge to cross their eyes trying to set the hook as well.

tprice

Seaman Apprentice

I am with you folks, we use them for freshwater stripers while trolling with live bait and also when using cut bait and it takes a while to learn to just let the fish hook themselves.<br /><br />Once you get used to that I would not use anything else, I release most of the stripers I catch in one of our lakes due to PCB's(Lake Hartwell) and this way we know they will have a better chance for survival.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Barbless Circle hooks required for Salmon Mouching off California and they work great.

prockvoan

Chief Petty Officer

Been useing them for snapper fishing for over 20 years.Just started using them for big game fishing 3 years ago.They work great!

biloxiriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have had some good experience with them on specs and redfish here to. Just have to let the fish set the hook himself.