Urgent responce Please, model ID

promotec

Seaman Apprentice
Hi there im looking at a motor to buy for parts evinrude 115 v4,<br />Model 1156936<br />serial :A307601<br />what year is the above motor<br /><br />im looking at buying it for parts for my <br />1977 johnson 115 v4 <br />model 115el77s<br /><br />all the motor parts like starter coils power pack etc look identical carbs may be different?<br />Looks a good clean freshwater motor, its on ebay with an old boat for $550 I have to buy a starter & solenoid and maybe some electricals so looks a good proposition T&T is complete and looks in good condition, forward control box ect all there, <br />Thanks in advance for your responce<br />Regards Chris

promotec

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Urgent responce Please, model ID

It appears that this motor is a 1976 evinrude v4 115<br /><br />Is this fully interchangable with 1977 115el77s johnson.<br /><br />Regards Chris

Seasport

Chief Petty Officer

Until one of the Gurus can confirm this, you could check on iShopMarine.com. They have all the parts for that motor (& later models) listed by part number.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I think bout the only thing you'll find different between these two engines (other than superceded part numbers) is the color of the paint.

promotec

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys, I went ahead and purchased the 76 rude, 115 v4 and even though the motor hasnt been gone through and checked I am at this stage very pleased with my purchase and instead of using new motor for parts im going to put it on the boat and use the original motor as parts as the new one looks alot better cleaner and generally in better condition than my original beast.<br />Thanks again<br />Regards Chris