Update on 9.9 evinrude. Thanks guys.

Just wanted to drop a line and let you guys know that your help was not only appreciatted it was extremely, extremely, useful. As a result of your guys guidance I have successfully (nearly) turned a 76 model evinrude into a 2002 model. I tore it completely down and rebuilt it from the ground up. Everything that wasn't in good condition was replaced and everything in good condition was taken to pristine condition and reassembled. I have a seal kit to put in the lower unit and once that is done my project will be complete. So far everything has went as smoothly as possible and i'm very excited because as of right now the engine runs much better than before. I still have to replace the seals in the lower unit however because i had water getting in and oil getting out (not a good thing). Anyway, i just wanted to drop in and say thanks to all those who helped me transform a hunk of junk into what should be a good engine (and if not, it was **** fun anyway). <br />Thanks everyone.

Fouled Plug

Ensign
Re: Update on 9.9 evinrude. Thanks guys.

Glad to hear it's worked out for you. Those OMC twins will run forever given proper upkeep, and it sounds like you'll take care of that. Happy trolling! Or whatever you do with that thing! :D

G DANE

Commander
Re: Update on 9.9 evinrude. Thanks guys.

Hi Streamfisher<br /><br />It was fun to help you, i hope you will have lots of hrs of fun and joy with this little wonderfull engine. Greatings here from DK