Unknown Object

badlar

Seaman Apprentice
Inside an access hatch in the stern of my boat, there is, what I would call, a manifold bolted to the wall. My fuel line goes in one side of this device and out the other. There are also electrical wires attached to it. Does anyone know if this part of the Yamaha fuel management system.

Thanks in advance,

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Unknown Object

Since we can't see your boat or the engine we have no idea what make, model, or year you are talking about.

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

Sorry 'bout that. It's a Pro-Sports 22' WA Kat with twin Yamaha F100 4-strokes. There is one of these "manifolds" on the port and starboard.

Thanks again,

Osprey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Do you have a fuel flow monitoring system. Yamaha's is called Flow-Scan I believe?

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

Yes I do have the fuel flow monitoring system. Since it has electrical wiring on it, I figured it was part of the fuel monitoring system.

Thanks much,

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

they should have 3 wires with a traingular shaped connector about 7 inches from the flow sender. also make sure the senders,if yamaha ones, have 4 screws on the bottom and not 3.
the 3 screw senders are under a safety recall.

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the info. I will get to the boat and check the # of screws. If mine have 3 screws, could that be the source of the gas fumes I have been trying to track down?

Thanks again,

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yes
the 3 screw senders have the potential to leak and have been under recall for several years.
if your fuel management senders have 3 screws on the bottom plate take it to a yamaha dealer for the correct free replacements.

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks so much to you and all of the members of this forum. I have gained an incredible amount of important info from here.

badlar

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Unknown Object Attn: Rodbolt

Just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same thing here. If so, there are 3 screws on mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0933-1.jpg
    49 bytes · Views: 0

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

Just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same thing here. If so, there are 3 screws on mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0933-1.jpg
    49 bytes · Views: 0

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

Attachments

• Page_5x.html
    1.2 KB · Views: 0

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

Tried to post a pic of the object, Sorry for taking up space.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

thats the 3 screw beasties.
time to schedule an appt with ye ole yammy dealer.
if they get sticky I can find the tech bulliten, I think its in the 02 tech guide as well as the YDS archive´s.
but its >NOT a warrenty its a SAFETY RECALL. big difference.
dont let the dealer jerk ya round. those senders are about 250 a piece and the originals had a design flaw that had the potential for leakage and fire.
either you never take your rig in for maint or you really really need to find a better set of techs.

badlar

Seaman Apprentice

Again, many thanks for alerting me to this problem. I went through a serious illness, major surgery, and a divorce so the boat got little, if any, attention for a couple of years. Trying to get it ship-shape again. My local Yamaha dealer researched the recall and has ordered "free" replacements. Once again, thanks for the service that you supply to this board.