Understanding men

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
To all the men in our lives - and the women who love them! Enjoy! :D <br /><br />-Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car I will fiddle with a wire <br />long after hypothermia, or heat stroke, has set in. AAA is not an option. I <br />will win. <br /><br />-Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop the hood <br />and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man <br />shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be able to fix these <br />things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know <br />where to start." We will then drink beer and break wind as a form of Holy <br />Communion. <br /><br />-Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold, I need someone to bring me soup and <br />take care of me while I lie in bed and moan. You're a woman. You never get <br />as sick as I do, so for you this isn't a problem. <br />Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at the <br />store, like milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like <br />"cumin" or "tofu." For all I know, these are the same thing. And never, <br />under any circumstances, expect me to pick up anything for which "feminine <br />hygiene product" is a euphemism. (F.Y.I. guys cumin is a spice and not a <br />bodily function) <br /><br />-Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stops working, I will insist <br />on taking it apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as <br />much, once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together. <br />Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand <br />while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show <br />looking for it (though one time I was able to survive by holding a <br />calculator)...applies to engineers mainly. <br /><br />-Because I'm a man, there is no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The <br />answer is always either s*x, cars or football. I have to make up something <br />else when you ask, so don't ask. <br /><br />-Because I'm a man, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your mother <br />come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or think about her any more <br />than I have to. Whatever you got her for Mother's Day is okay; I don't <br />need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my mother too. <br /><br />-Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances <br />are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't.... and if you are feeling <br />amorous afterwards...then I will certainly at least remember the name and <br />recommend it to others. <br /> <br />-Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you <br />were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. <br />With the belt or without it, looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. <br />Can we just go now? <br /><br />-Because I'm a man, and this is, after all, the year 2004, I will share <br />equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the <br />cleaning, the vacuuming, and the dishes, and I'll do the rest... like <br />looking for my socks, or like wandering around in the garden with a beer <br />wondering what to do.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Understanding men

Well, Bassy, that just about describes me, to a "T". Thanks, lol!

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

A guide to Women<br /><br />This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's license in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or significant other!<br /><br />DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?<br />SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?<br />SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?<br />ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.<br /><br /><br />DANGEROUS: Are you wearing that?<br />SAFER: Gee, you look good in brown.<br />SAFEST: WOW! Look at you!<br />ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.<br /><br />DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?<br />SAFER: Could we be overreacting?<br />SAFEST: Here's fifty dollars.<br />ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.<br /><br />DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?<br />SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.<br />SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?<br />ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.<br /><br />DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?<br />SAFER: I hope you didn't overdo it today.<br />SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe!<br />ULTRASAFE: Here, have some more chocolate.<br /><br />So why did I share this? Well, my significant other, not happy with my mood swings, bought me a mood ring the other day so he would be able to monitor my moods. When I'm in a good mood, it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a big red mark on his forehead. Maybe next time he'll buy me diamonds.

crab bait

Captain

because i'm a man i really think everthing you wear really makes you butt look big..<br /><br />because i'm a man,, i can still walk down the street with my bald head an beer belly an still think i'm sexy..

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bassy, It's nice to see that you are really starting to understand us the way we really are. I could lie and say we understand why you need 5 pairs of red shoes and ten purses to make you feel special, but it's not in us. Just give us the remote on Sunday, tell us we did a good job cleaning out the gutters the day before, and we'll be happy. PDS

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

See how easy it is to understand us.why are women so hard?

NYMINUTE

Captain

carrotsnapper, that rocks. All this does. Because I am a man I find all this humerous, and educational. :D :D