Unclaimed Baggage and evacuees

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
It was reported today (on Paul Harvey News) when the first group of evacuees landed in Salt Lake City their baggage included a suitcase containing new jewelry, with the price tags still in place. :rolleyes: Officials reported the bag went unclaimed. :confused: Makes you wonder, did some one have second thoughts. Or did a Jeweler relocating to SLC miss their flight. :(

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Unclaimed Baggage and evacuees

They were just planning for an oppatune time to return it to it's rightfull owner. Don't be so judgemental. Can't wait for all the goodies to start showing up on Ebay with LA PO origins.

rogerwa

Commander

Unless the bag owner stripped the tags off the bag they should be able to track it I would think..

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Salt Lake City? Could this be part of the reason Delta is facing bankruptcy? I mean we all misdirect plenty of luggage, but how they got that suitcase on that plane is beyond me...unless it was left aboard an earlier flight. <br /><br />Some iboater is going to see that on her big-screen TV and pound the mahogony-panelled wall of her motor-yacht cabin, screaming "My jewelry!"...

Black69

Seaman Apprentice

Delta Airlines transported around 600 people from New Orleans to an Army Camp and provided them with clothing, food, Money, and in some cases homes to live in. Lately they have sent some out of SLC to relatives and helped families to reunite with loved ones. I also heard that Cabela's in Lehi, Utah ( a new store that just opened) has offered 300 people from New Orleans and surrounding areas, jobs with the company.<br /> http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=105196