Unable to find VIN on EZ Loader Trailer. (In Florida)

swflhummer

Seaman Apprentice
The Trailer once was registered in FL, but we moved to TN and you did not need to register a trailer there. Well we moved back to beautiful sunny florida and during the move, we lost all the records! Soooo....

I read it is sometimes where the 3 peices of frame meet on the tongue... Well the tongue looks like it was replaced and had to metal welded on so there is no VIN anywhere! Any idears?

I may just do the same deal I did with my utility trailer, and go get a weight slip on it, then register it as homebuilt. Yes?

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: Unable to find VIN on EZ Loader Trailer. (In Florida)

Either home built or see if they have a record of it when lived there before and use that.

swflhummer

Seaman Apprentice

Well im not sure what they would need to look it up because I dont even know the old plate numbers....

And i think they cleared the database as of January of this year (found this out when I had to go in and give them all my info again) ugh. We will see. if not, then I guess homebuilt it is.

I do hope they have it... I need a new cross memeber pretty bad but dont have the numbers to look up the trailer.

Bifflefan

Commander

The original VIN is on a plate on the drivers side rail right where it bolts to the tounge rail. If its gone, is gone.
Sounds like home built is the only option here. You can ask them and they will probably have a better answer than I do. I just a dumb trucker.

sasto

Captain

No worries in FL, mate. DMV will take care of it for you, they see it everyday here. Better to have that trailer on the road legally than stuck in your backyard with no tag rusting away. Bill of sale will work. I made one out to myself onetime. :rolleyes:

Good Luck!