um, oops.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: um, oops.

Why was it such a concern for navigation? It's a few feet from shore. How could it be blocking the entrance?<br /><br />But ... OOPS! Musta been shooting one of those Internet Nudie flicks and got distracted. ;)

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm with Willy. It's stuck on the rocks out of harm's way.<br /><br />There's no risk of it sinking if it stays where it is even if the hull opens right up.<br /><br />The oil spill on this "yacht" is hardly likely to rival the Exxon Valdez.<br /><br />Looks like another case of a lot of money coinciding with a lack of brains.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

"will block... ... military vessles."<br /><br />Not for long. Boom!!! Channel clear now.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How will it block anything where it's at?<br />It can't sink, It's on the rocks duhhhhhhh

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> How will it block anything where it's at?<br />It can't sink, It's on the rocks duhhhhhhh
None of the above makes good press! :rolleyes:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Reporter, " Are you concerned it may sink"<br /><br />Official, "It is a slight possibility"<br /><br />Headlines, "possibility of it sinking is causing major concerns for officials"<br /><br />Ken

Fly Rod

Commander

:) The concern is that if it sinks that 10,000 gallons of fuel will be spilled!!! as i remember from the news report, is that it was in a difficult place to unload the fuel!!! ;) :cool:

KaGee

Admiral

I have been through there on a cruise ship. I could see that it could cause difficulties for channel traffic.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> I have been through there on a cruise ship. I could see that it could cause difficulties for channel traffic.
It's on the rocks KaGee, if my cruise ship got that close to the bank, I would be getting off cause the captain can't drive. :p

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> I have been through there on a cruise ship. I could see that it could cause difficulties for channel traffic.
It's on the rocks KaGee, if my cruise ship got that close to the bank, I would be getting off cause the captain can't drive. :p
I know it's on the rocks. But all the pictures show it is tied off so not possibly dift back out. I was just saying that IF it did, it could cause a navigation hazard in that jetty.<br /><br />BTW, all the cruise ships are taken out and brought in by a pilot. Obviously that dude could have utilized a pilot's services.

SpinnerBait_Nut

You did not say If in your other post. :p <br /><br />Oh and my bad, I said captain when it's a pilot. :D <br /><br />No wonder he's on the rocks then if a pilot was at the controls. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Pilots fly planes. Duhhhhhhhh!!!! :D

KaGee

Admiral

You a funny Guy!!! You gonna think you are a pilot too once you get that new rocket of your's on the water later this week! :D

dolluper

Captain

Don't be to hard on the master behind the helm he couldn't help it he was drunk on Canadian Beer [notice the flag] :eek: :D