UK election results

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
OK Tony Blair has won the election but with a much smaller majority than last time.<br /><br />I personaly can't stand the man, I'm sat back now waiting for the tax increases that are comming our way.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: UK election results

The tax increases will be headed your way regardless of who is in power. Its the new way of the world.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I didn't vote for him either RPJS. At a guess I'm already paying an extra £1000 a year in "stealth" taxes since he came in.<br /><br /><br />What really annoys me is the attitude of the woman down the street.She said to me the other day that she was a labour voter because her husband votes for them no matter what.<br />If people like that were forced to make a decision on who to vote for by the performance of the party concerned rather than blind ignorance then I doubt we'd still have the grinning goon in power.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I spent a while working for our local labour council Chris. The amount of money that they simply throw away is insane. If they were run like a business (ie looked at whether it actually made a difference before doing it) then our council tax would be a lot lower.<br /><br />For exampe-£75000 on a new dump truck just to move empty bins at our local dump-rather than £1000 on a skip-mover hook for the new tracked excavator they already have that sits idle 2/3 of the time.<br /><br />£1000 PER VEHICLE spraying all their vehicles orange then spraying them white again before they sell them.<br /><br />The council workers I had the misfortune to work with were the most lazy so-and so's that I've ever worked with. They were spending about 1/3 of their time skiving-on top of extended tea and lunch breaks, and they got shirty with me because I had my job done halfway through the day when it usually took them a full day. I wasn't working hard either. <br /><br />This was true of all the departments I worked for.<br /><br />None of them would last 5 minutes outside of the council.<br /><br />They may well be spending money on the schools but if they actually did something about the culture of laziness and irresponsible spending that they allow to go on unchecked then there would be twice the money to spend on stuff that actually needs it-or we'd pay less taxes.<br /><br />I don't think any party has the answer. Personally I'd rather see something somewhere between Labour and Conservative.<br />Unfortunately Lib Dem are further to the left than Labour now and are just as bad at throwing money at problems without looking to see what the problem actually IS.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I voted libdem but only to stop the conservatives. So did the other 8 people I associate with. So when I hear on the news people saying look at the swing to libdems it doesnt mean the voters were unhappy with labour it depends on the area you live in. Once of the reasons for voting Labour (tactically) was our local school degenerated due to lack of spending under the tories, classrooms had to be closed due to the window frames being rotton. Since labour has been in power the schools has been literally rebuilt. I am happy paying extra taxes, maybe im one of the few that thinks to improve services it costs more. Where you get the tax from i.e Income , petrol etc is another debate.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Great for Tony, He is OK. Best of Luck UK ers, you guys rock.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

A strange election this one, I have never voted labour because I do not agree with some of thier policies, however the labour party has not done a bad job of running the country since comming to power, my gripe with them now is the underhanded, spin ridden, two faced and on occasions totaly deceitful way they have gone about things. If theres one thing I can't stand it's being given BS and Tony Blair and his cronies can't seem to help themselves, thier full of it.