uh oh..rebuilt carb and got left over parts

purplerain810485

Seaman Apprentice
Well I just rebuilt the carb on my 1963 evinrude fisherman 5.5hp and it went great, expect I've got these two thick metal washer things that managed not to get back it. What are they and where do they go? The engine starts up fine and runs awesome after I tank-tuned it. Here's a picture of the two parts with a quarter for size comparison.<br />

purplerain810485

Seaman Apprentice
Re: uh oh..rebuilt carb and got left over parts

I didn't see anything on that page about these parts, but I did realize I need to take my carb apart again :p . I messed up a little as far as gaskets and packing washers go. I would like to replace my float too.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The fact that you have one carb held to the engine by two studs and you have these two parts left over which appear to be spacers indicates to me they are used to space something that you had to remove to get the carb off. I don't think they came from inside the carb.

DHPMARINE

Captain

Looks like spacers for the air silencer plate.By the way,an OMC/BRP carb kit includes more parts than you need,and the float.<br /><br />DHP

purplerain810485

Seaman Apprentice

I know the carb kit has more parts than I need, but these didn't come from it, and I got the carb kit without a float, so I'll have to buy it seperately. Thanks for the help though, I think I do vaguely remeber taking that off the air silencer assembly. I'll take a look at it later today.