two questions, winterization & wipe off

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class
I used my boat ('03 four winns, 24' cuddy) about 10 hours this year. I keep it in my shop, the shop is heated. Last year I did a complete winterization, other than fuel treatment and cylinder lube, what else should I do this winter? I usually use it much more, but I didn't even use all the gas from last year, which is probably my biggest problem, I keep it quite clean and well maintained.

also;

When I pull out of the lake, I don't wipe off at the ramp, I clean it at my shop when I get home, sometime it might take a day or two for me to get to it. Should I wipe down at the ramp, and also clean it when I get home? Does it matter? It has never been in any salt water.

maybe kind of dumb questions, but I can save money this year by doing all the the work myself.

thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: two questions, winterization & wipe off

i assume you have and I/O. you can drain the block, change the oil, check lower unit fluid for water, if you have holding tanks, drain them. put a cover over it to keep the dust out, put it in the heated shop. i prefer a rinse down when i get home. and flush the engine.