Twas the day after Christmas

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Twas the day after Christmas, and all through the house,<br />Every creature was hurting-- even the mouse.<br /><br />The toys were all broken, their batteries dead;<br />Santa passed out, with some ice on his head.<br /><br />Wrapping and ribbons just covered the floor,<br />while upstairs the family continued to snore.<br /><br />And I in my T-shirt, new Reeboks and jeans,<br />Went into the kitchen and started to clean.<br /><br />When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,<br />I sprang from the sink to see what was the matter.<br /><br />Away to the window I flew like a flash,<br />Tore open the curtains, and threw up the sash.<br /><br />When what to my wondering eyes should appear,<br />But a little white truck, with an oversized mirror.<br /><br />The driver was smiling, so lively and grand;<br />The patch on his jacket said "U.S. POSTMAN."<br /><br />With a handful of bills, he grinned like a fox then<br />quickly he stuffed them into our mailbox.<br /><br />Bill after bill, after bill, they still came.<br />Whistling and shouting he called them by name:<br /><br />"Now Dillard's, now Broadway's, now Penny's and<br />Sears Here's Levitz's and Target's and Mervyn's--all here!!<br /><br />To the top of your limit, every store, every mall,<br />Now chargeaway-chargeaway-chargeaway all !"<br /><br />He whooped and he whistled as he finished his work.<br />He filled up the box, and then turned with a jerk.<br /><br />He sprang to his truck and he drove down the road,<br />Driving much faster with just half a load.<br /><br />Then I heard him exclaim with great holiday cheer,<br />"ENJOY WHAT YOU GOT ... YOU'LL BE PAYING ALL YEAR!"

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Twas the day after Christmas

Good one KB! Thanks for sharing!

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Twas the day after Christmas

ROFL!!!! :D <br /><br />That's so funny.... because it's so true. True comedy is always born out of truth.<br /><br />Except for me, all my Christmas gifts were paid for with cash. :cool: