TV Brat Camper crashes boat into family

Ralph 123

Captain
TV Brat Camper crashes boat into family<br />By Casey Ross<br />Friday, August 5, 2005 - Updated: 08:28 AM EST<br /><br />Brat Camp? ABC might want to try prison camp for Boston's latest reality TV superjerk. <br /> <br /> Jada Chabot, 15, who is one of nine misfits on the new Brat Camp'' show, is facing multiple police charges, including negligent operation, after she and her boyfriend slammed a speedboat into a Foxboro family on Wrentham Pond.<br /> <br /> I thought we were all gonna die,'' Agenor Moraes said, recalling the moment Wednesday evening when he saw Chabot's boat speeding toward his family, who were in an inflatable boat. I thought I was going to see a body on the water with blood.'' <br /> <br /> Instead, the collision with the Boston brat left two of Moraes' children with injuries and his 8-month-old boy kicking and screaming in the water. Moraes' 16-year-old daughter, Grafieli, is still recovering in the hospital with three broken ribs. <br /> <br /> Chabot's parents decided to put her on Brat Camp,'' which seeks to reform troubled teens by tossing them into a rigorous wilderness program, because she had become impossible to discipline. The show features the struggles of Chabot and the other brats as they battle with the Oregon outdoors and with their own dysfunctional personalities. <br /> <br /> Wednesday's crash, which occurred while Chabot was pulling her boyfriend on a knee board, was just the latest screw-up in Chabot's distinguished career of delinquency. <br /> <br /> The TV show's Web site describes her as a compulsive liar who is always making excuses.'' <br /> <br /> Jada refuses to go to school,'' the Web site says. She has dropped out of two boarding schools and nine private schools in the last six years. Instead of going to school, she throws parties and experiments with sex, drugs and alcohol.'' <br /> <br /> Moraes said he was more focused on healing his own family last night than pulling for the remarkable comeback ABC might have been plotting for Chabot. <br /> <br /> I'm just thinking about my daughter,'' he said. We're going to go visit her now in the hospital. It's very bad.'' <br /> <br /> We were just trying to fish when we saw the boat coming at us,'' he added. She was looking at the guy she was pulling around. He yelled at her to watch, but she just kept looking at him.''<br /><br />
jada08052005.jpg

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer
Re: TV Brat Camper crashes boat into family

It seems that there are enough little creeps wandering among us to have to tolerate without glamorizing them in a TV show. SHEESH! :mad: :mad:

KaGee

Admiral

Real simple... ship her to a deserted island and leave her to her own devices.... along with her parents... they created the mess, let them clean it up.<br /><br />We'ver heard about her, be real interesting to here about them.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe if, instead of expensive boarding schools and private schools, her parents had applied the "board of education" a little more and a little lower....

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Real simple... ship her to a deserted island and leave her to her own devices.... along with her parents... they created the mess, let them clean it up.<br /><br />We'ver heard about her, be real interesting to here about them.
Ditto

Twidget

Commander

Not a bad idea KaGee.<br /><br />I am not normally one for lawsuits, but I hope the victim family sues hers for every penny they will ever get. :mad:

Tyme2fish

Commander

Twidget: The little brat won't be affected by a lawsuit. Her parents will pay it as they have covered her a$$ since she was born.<br /> Yeh, the island idea should work.

Homerr

Commander

Another fine example of NO disclipine in the family. I'm betting this kid has never had a hand raised to her.<br /><br />And I agree... Glorifying it on TV is the worse thing they could do. How stupid can you be?<br />The kid is obviously starving for attention... now she has all she wants.<br /><br />Yes, deserted island with Britney Spears records playing day and night :) <br /><br /><br />H.

KRS

Banned

Send her to a work camp in China, they'll let her earn it back.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

These kids are all messed up and they have thier parents to blame.<br /><br />Why cant the parent learn how to be a parent and take thier own kid for a "brat camp" time.<br /><br />Sounds like the girl just wasnt paying attention. I hope they make her pay.<br /><br />Ken

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Club Gitmo

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hear Club Gitmo is a nice place to stay! :D I agree that the parents are responsible. My folks whooped my @$$ when I did stupid things and I'm glad they did. The only thing that might straighten this girl out is jail.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Send the parents and brats to Tailand. They would get a good use of a cane on their backside for sure. Government issue at that. That is what we need here in the states, but it will never happen.<br /><br />Was there anyone else in the boat? I always thought you had to have 3 people. Driver, observer, and one on the tube/skis? <br /><br />Another thing to fill up media space again. As if we need it.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I have to agree with Holdimhook and KaGee.<br /><br />These so called reality shows only accentuate the worst in human behaviour.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Mark my words.. Jada will go on to make millions being the brat that she is... :( <br /><br />Club Gitmo!.. right on!.. :D

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Right about that, Mayfloat. Towing without an observer is an accident waiting to happen.

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

Wasn't another "Brat Camp" alumni in trouble this week for spray painting racial statements? Could this just be publicity for another "reality" show full of self-indulgent contestants?

brother chris

Commander

Put her in the army for 4 years. <br />I don't think she will be the same after that :D

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

quote:<br />Put her in the army for 4 years. <br />I don't think she will be the same after that<br />------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Amen, Brother. Great idea, although, you might have to lock her up for 30 days or so in advance so she could pass the drug test.