tuner sray

nhtrax

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought this pontoon boat with a 96 50hp. Late season so I,m ready to winterize already never even had her out yet. should i get the tuner spray this year and give it a shot now through the valve on the silenode or sray from intake end of carbs or wait till next year then start the conditioner and cleaner:eek:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: tuner sray

You need to first drain and refill the lower unit. Then add fuel system treatment like Stabil or SeaFoam to the fuel tank. Then hook up the hose and run the engine until the treated fuel is drawn into the engine. THEN use either the spray attached to the primer solenoid or use standard fogging oil and spray into the throat of each carb until it kills the engine. Disconnect the battery, put it on a float charger and put the rig to bed.

The reason for doing the fuel system maintenance now is to prevent the fuel from going sour and gumming up the carbs and fuel system during storage. Adding the stuff next spring will not bring bad fuel back to life.

jeff_smith_0423

Chief Petty Officer

You really do need to take it for a good run after you do the decarb procedure with the engine tuner. If you can't do that, I would stabilize the fuel, fog the motor, change the l/u lube, and store it. Get it running in the spring, then do the full decarb procedure. Use good oil with a carbon preventative and fuel treatment and you should be good till fall.

nhtrax

Seaman Apprentice

YES Thanks to both My first thought was with Jeff I certainly will be doing a through job to winterize and will start the tuner cleaning next season and continue with a good gas treatment. thanks for the replys. lets hope winter is a short one want to go out and play