Tuna in beantown

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
buddy just told me they are killing Tuna right<br />now there. fastest swimmer in the ocean would<br />be fun to catch and aweful tasty ;) <br />no, not "10's" local guys...

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Tuna in beantown

:) Yup!!! Football tuna are every where off of Cape Ann, Gloucester Mass.<br /><br />The last few days the tuna are massed from cape ann to P-town!!! ;) :cool:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Slice off some steaks and fire up the bar-bee, yummm!<br />There's no more fun than gettin in on a strike of tuna, too. You can just about throw out a bare hook, when they are bitin.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Great fun to be on the water when the tuna is around.It happened to me that I was surrounded by dolphins who always accompany tuna.That was a once in a lifetime experience.<br />On another note.It used to be Provincetown,then it changed to P-town and now I see it has become Beantown.Given the current population, maybe we should just call it strange fruit town.

gaugeguy

Captain

We were out off of Plum island last Saturday bluefishing, and were totally suprised to land 4 of these footballs. First tuna species I have caught in the Atlantic :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Congrats!!! I hope you only kept two, if any!!!<br /><br />You are allowed two per boat if licensed!!!<br /><br />anybody looking to go fly fishing for these tuna can contact www.firstlightanglers.com These are the guys to go with off of Cape Ann if you are fly fishing!!! ;) :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

We didn't keep any Flyrod. None of us were sure on the regulations. We could tell they were juvenile bluefins (40-50 lbs), but talk about fun! We caught the first one and were in complete awe! Then we abandoned the bluefish efforts and started trolling for them and did pretty well. :cool:

Ralph 123

Captain

Gaugeguy, what were you using for bait? The water around Boston and Hull is so warm it's dead....

gaugeguy

Captain

The first one was on a live herring, the other three were trolling with 10" mackerel colored rapalas between 80 and 100 feet down.<br /><br />From what I have been hearing, trolling squid rigs between 100 and 120 feet is absolutely killing them. I hope to get out again this weekend if the seas are cooperative with the hurricanes coming in.