Tubing video

Jerico

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Tubing video

That did look painful. They outlawed those on the Corps lakes here in Missouri. People kept getting injured on them.

BamaAlum97

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow!!! Looked painful...

Was causes the tube to "catch air" like that? Pulling it too fast? Windy conditions?

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Some tubes are designed to "catch air" but that one does not look like one of them.It appears to me that excessive speed and towing from a "tower hookup" were the reason for the "air" time.

reelfishin

Captain

I had a buddy that owned a speed boat with a tower to tow from, his one friend would get on a tube like that and sail as high as he could and intentionally bail off the tube and roll up in a ball to see how far he'd skip across the water. He did that until one day he skipped right off the water onto some lily pads and salt marsh. He came up spitting out mud and sand crabs and all sorts of green vegetation. I don't think he ever did it again after that. He was also the bright individual that decided that the ski rope was better tied around under your armpit rather than just have to hold onto a handle. That idea also proved not such a good plan after eating some bottom on a bad boogie board launch in a shallow part of the river. He's just lucky it was shallow and muddy and not shallow and stumpy.