Trying to wire my 3 batteries so one of my...

apaseman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have two deep cycle batteries in a series to give me 24V for my torlling motor. I have a seperate 12V for my starter/motor. I would like to use one of my trolling batteries as a back up for my starter/motor..I have a perko switch. Any diagrams for this or advice?

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Trying to wire my 3 batteries so one of my...

Using just one of the TM batterys hook it up like this.

Attachments

• StandardBatterySwitchWiring.jpg
    StandardBatterySwitchWiring.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 0

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Estonmarts -- you just posted mis-information. You described a PARALLEL wiring system. You DO NOT get more voltage out of a parallel wiring system. Two 12 volt batteries in SERIES provides 24 volts which is what this question is about. The question has been answered with the preceding diagram although it should be pointed out that the battery used for starting backup should be the one that has the negative side of the 24 volt system connected to it. That eliminates a potential grounding problem.

NYBo

Admiral

Actually, the question is about using one of the trolling motor batteries for the 12 volt starting circuit in a two-battery system. So bhile's diagram is correct for that part of the circuit; the 24 volt section isn't pictured.

Who is "Estonmarts"?:confused:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

His post was apparently deleted and this is about a 24 volt system in that one of the batteries in that system is intended to be used for starting backup. I agree the diagram is correct -- I drew the thing. The deleted comment went into a description about how to wire the batteries in parallel and that it would provide more "volts" which obviously it does not.

apaseman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm confused...I am not aware of me deleting a post?

To clear things up..I have two trolling motor batteries wired in series to give me 24 volts for my trolling motor, and a separate battery for my starter. I just want to use one of my trolling batteries as a back up for starting my motor. I believe that diagram is correct...

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

It was not about you. A post by another person has been deleted.