Trying to find ID plate on West Bend 45hp

Jeepnn

Seaman Apprentice
I have just aquired what I think is a 60's Starcraft runabout with a 45hp West Bend Outboard. The ID plate on the boat is gone and I haven't found one on the motor. I am just calling it a West Bend based on the motor cover. Any help would be greatly apreciated. I will post pics and update soon.<br /><br />Mike M.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Trying to find ID plate on West Bend 45hp

Other Outboard

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Chrysler bought out west bend in 1967. It probably has a chrysler number on it like 458701 or similar. The model number should be located below the carburator near the locking mechanisim the locks the cowling down.

Jeepnn

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the info! I did notice the Chrysler logo on the motor cover below the West Bend logo<br /><br />Thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Back to Chrysler.

Jeepnn

Seaman Apprentice

OK JB,<br /><br />Make up your mind... :D

Jeepnn

Seaman Apprentice

UPDATE:<br /><br />Well I want to thank everyone that has helped me. I have discovered that I have:<br /><br />1965 West Bend 50hp<br />Model: 50561<br />Serial: 4002<br /><br />I am sure we will be posting soon again, so far I know I need a starter and I have to completely wire the hole motor. All of the harness and conrol wireing is gone. I have found a Service manual but I still need a parts and wiring manuals. <br /><br />Mike M.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

go to www.chryslercrew.net and see if they have a downloadable chrysler parts manual for that model. Because they were west bend at the time they may not go back that far. <br />That wiring harness maybe hard to find. Here is a link for a 1978 50 HP chrysler. As you can see the harness is discontinued. 1978 Chrysler 50 HP<br />If you are dedicated you can probably build your own harness or keep an eye on Ebay. Good luck.