Trying to find a used trailer

gooseblitz

Cadet
hey guys I have done the requisite searches here and see guys seem to find used trailers on EBAY and Craigslist.
I keep coming up with nothing but boats and trailer or new ones.
What is best way to search to find a decent used one.

I am looking for a used trailer for freshwater for a Sea Ray 220 Select bow rider with a 5.7 merc.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trying to find a used trailer

You need to think more logically. Where would one find used boat trailers? At a boat dealer of course. So do a search for Boat Dealers. Nearly every boat dealer has a web site and on that site they list their used boats, motors, and trailers. Here is just one example:

http://warnersdock.com/

Shizzy

Ensign

you need to watch the craigslist listings closely. many many times I have seen them listed with the boat, but the boat is a worthless POS. they are only selling the boat with the trailer so you will haul off the hulk. its usually got rot and no motor and controls.

also look for ones titled "free boat with trailer"

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

We got one from our local marina. It was an old "yard" trailer and we had to register it as a home made, but it was $300 in the early '90's.

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer

Where are you located? I know there is a place in GA on lake Lanier and they have a ton of used trailers.

gooseblitz

Cadet

I am in Pennsylvania. Central part of the state but I would travel a little for a good deal.

Stoutcat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Gooseblitz et al,

Check this out!!! http://www.freecycle.org/

The way Freecycle works is that people post stuff that they don't want or need anymore -OR- folks post asking for an item... The idea is that the stuff is free either way...

There are very few rules... Don't post absolute junk... Don't accept stuff just so that you can turn around and sell it on eBay... Common sense... Be a good neighbor and don't take more than you really need. Just be honest as to what you have or what you need (condition, etc.), and take it from there.

It's absolutely amazing what's on Freecycle (and yes, I've seen boats, boat motors, and boat trailers...) Just reply and ask appropriately...

The wife and I have used Freecycle a bunch of times - always great results.

Anyway, check it out... If nothing else, it's fun to read. (And it gets a person to thinking about all the clutter that's piled up in the garage/attic/shed...)

Alan