True story about Lubedude

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Lubedude pulls over at the gas station, gets out of his car, opens the hood,<br />and checks the engine oil. After a few seconds of intelligent thinking,<br />he takes the dipstick in his hand and, raising it chest high, walks up<br />to the attendant. "Excuse me sir, but can I buy a longer dipstick?" "May<br />I ask why you need a longer one sir?" "Because this one isn't long<br />enough to reach the oil!"

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: True story about Lubedude

Qwicher messin wit r LubeDude, KB :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Whats a Dip stick? Are you talking about my Brother-in-law?<br /><br />Cute, Thats ok, I can take it. I did recently "shorten" a dipstick, the Panteras was too long.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

We shorten them all the time. In the circle track cars too much of the oil stays up top due to the high rpms and too much pump. We usually take the fresh motor and start it with 5 quarts till its broke in. We then add one quart and check the line. Where the oil is we scribe a new full mark.

LubeDude

Admiral

Had quite an education on a 390 Ford engine last year. It was pumpng so much oil into the upper end, that the oil preasure would go away. (They have really small return holes), Also the engine slants back a little which means that the oil all has to drain to the back and one 3/8 hole. I took the rocker shaft arms off and installed a Holly carb jet into the oil hole to slow the flow down to the rockers. Worked like a champ. You dont need all that oil up there anyway.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Whenever we run a solid cam we use restricters but get a little worried about hydralic cams with them. I had a 400 that used a hyd and continuaslly pumped it all to the top. I pulled the tranny back and pulled the galley plugs. I modified some resticters by making the orfice bigger. Worked like a champ.<br /><br />I am very familiar with the FE series fords. Tough as anything ever made, can run hours without water or oil, and weigh about 1000 pounds with the deep skirt design. Lots of fun to do intake changes on also. Have to pull all of the valvetrain because of fords "better idea".

LubeDude

Admiral

This engine was in fact a 401 Hp, 390, 3 2s Solid cam in a 61 Ford Starliner, 4 sp, 9". One old Bad Boy.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> This engine was in fact a 401 Hp, 390, 3 2s Solid cam in a 61 Ford Starliner, 4 sp, 9". One old Bad Boy.
A somewhat rare homologated Nascar vehicle. That thing still around LD? Those 60's and 61's were my dream car when I was a Kid!

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />
That thing still around LD? Those 60's and 61's were my dream car when I was a Kid!
Yep, Its right next door. I had a lot to do with the restoration.<br /><br />
33%3A7548723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3C8%3A%3D%3C57%3DXROQDF%3E232353%3B586998ot1lsi

LubeDude

Admiral

The wheels arent blue, they are grey, they are actually 1961 American mags.<br /><br />Sorry for the bad picture, but that is all I had to post last night.<br /><br />Out of all the cars, Corvettes through Porsches, this one is my favorit.