Truck drivers are getting fingerprinted

Homerr

Commander
I heard on the news today (CNN) that it will be mandatory that all truck drivers will fingerprinted.<br /><br />One more little piece of our freedom GONE.<br /><br />Thoughts? :confused: <br /><br />Any truck drivers here?<br /><br />H.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Truck drivers are getting fingerprinted

Don't know the reason behind it, have not heard about it yet.<br /><br />I don't know what their reason would be unless they want to National Security as a reason to keep the bad guys from driving a truck, but that won't work either it they can get a plane, a truck is a little thing.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just did a search and read up on it and it seems that a bunch of it has to do with Haz/Mat transportation. <br />Seen in several states that it is mandatory now to be fingerprinted and have a criminal background check done 180 days prior to your CDL expire date and/or upgrade to Haz/Mat endorsement.

JRJ

Commander

What does finger printing have to do with your freedom? I have the right to not share the road or the planet with people who are afraid to have their prints on file. Is it because of where their prints might be found? If you leave a print at the crime, be prepared to do the time. I'm a CDL holder since 1968. Want to hear what I think about bad drivers?

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

this initiative should not be a problem.<br />is merely a condition of employment.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

finger printed and back ground checks for hazmat endorsment on your CDL. I am dropping my hazmat when I renew my cdl. Dont need it anymore anyway.I really think its a bunch of crap it won't stop a terrorist from getting what they want if they want it bad enough.Just make the driver pay more to try to make a living. most make less than minimum wage anyway for the hours they work. :mad:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I have been getting finger printed every 5 years so that i could have my constitusional right to own and carry pistols in the open or concealed!!! I don't see where it is an infringement of my rights!!!! I have nothing to hide!!! ;) :cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Flyrod,so the rumor is true.When you do your flyfishing,it is with a 9 millimeter hollow point fly. :D :D

NathanY

Commander

Ohhhh,Ohhhhh Please let me give you my fingerprint. While you are at it, would you like a sample of my DNA, or a Retinal Scan, or how about we just do a little Bio-Metric scan. Why dont you just tattoo the mark of the frigging beast on my forehead.<br /><br />I dont beleive this. This is BS. Just another infrindgement on my right to privacy.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Just wait Nate.<br />Soon it will be a bio-metric or retinal scan to use your debit card in the coming cashless society.<br /><br />Gotta get rid of cash to stop counterfeiting. yeah right.<br />Gotta get rid of cash so we can be monitored/controlled, and taxed. !!<br /><br />Look for cashless to be pushed to implement new national sales tax. Will need to know who you are, so they can exempt the poor folk from paying tax on essentials.<br /><br />Can you imaging the power that would give the gov't?<br />If they can monitor your every purchase, they will know if you are doing sidejobs, outside the system. And there will be no way for your customers to pay you on the side either. Unless you are able to barter for material goods.<br /><br />Now if they would want to "talk" to you, all they would have to do is turn off your card. You'd be virtually stranded.<br /><br />Want to stop the mass exidus of people from a contaminated area (small pox, radiation, etc). Just disable the cards of all residents of that region or state. It would cause massive gridlock and almost stop the flow of people.<br /><br />Actually, some stores are requiring the cashiers to scan the magnetic strip on the back of your drivers license to buy cigs and alcohol. Its not just to verify your age. It can check for warrants.<br /><br />The future is coming and it ain't gonna be pretty.<br /><br />Oh yeah, this is all in the name of security and convenience.

aspeck

Staff member

I have a CDL, and don't think it is a big deal. However, it did tick me off a little when we had to start the mandatory drug tests. Don't get me wrong, I don't want drivers that are high on the highway, but I was driving a school bus. Yes, it is important to keep the kids safe, but why didn't the teachers have to go through the same? I know for a fact several of them were coming to school high! That was what was frosting my cake!

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

It would appear that George Orwell who authored the book, "1984", had a crystal ball view into post "9/11" America.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I was watching a movie about hauling haz.mat.in one of our refresher courses(I'm a licensed haz/rad worker)that was showing the push for all trucks hauling the stuff to be equipped with GPS,and a remote kill switch.They can watch everything they do,how fast they drive,if they stop,and shut the rig down if anything looks suspicions.

LadyFish

Admiral

There a Palais Royal department store here that requires your fingerprint on your check. They've been doing this for about a year now. The ink is right next to the cash register and they require a thumb print.