Troy Bilt Tiller

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
So my neighbor trips across a fairly good deal...... 2 Troy Bilt Rear Tine Tillers that were not running.......

The first one is a small one with a 3 1/2 HP motor that someones wife backed into and did some damage and the other one has a blown 6 HP engine. Both are Tecumseh motors.

The smaller tiller had the carb smashed to pieces and the metal shielding all bent up......... I found a carb on amazon and did the tune-up maintenance routine (plugs and fluids) and not we have a baby tiller to share between us. A perfect size to keep between the garden rows clear and lightweight.

I tore into the 6 HP motor today and found the problem DSC00856.jpg No case damage :D and the crank is in good shape so I ordered a new piston, rod, and gasket set so that one should be rolling soon too. From what I have read the rod self destructing is a common problem with them. The unique part is that this is a larger rear tine tiller and it is equipped with reverse. The motor has a second pulley that runs off the cam shaft of all things.