Trouble at the country house

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
At dawn the telephone rings. "Hello, Senor Humphrey? This is Ernesto, the caretaker at your country house." <br /><br /><br />"Ah yes, Ernesto. What can I do for you? Is there a problem?" <br /><br /><br />"Um, I am just calling to advise you, sir, that your parrot died." :eek: <br /><br /><br />"My parrot? Dead? The one that won the International competition?" :mad: <br /><br /><br />"Si, that's the one." <br /><br /><br />"Damn! That's a pity! I spent a small fortune on that bird. What did he die from?" :confused: <br /><br /><br />"From eating rotten meat." <br /><br /><br />"Rotten meat? Who the heck fed him rotten meat?" <br /><br /><br />"Nobody senor. He ate the meat of one of the dead horses." <br /><br /><br />"Dead horse? What dead horse?" :confused: <br /><br /><br />"The thoroughbred, Mr. Lucky. He died from all that work pulling the water cart." :eek: <br /><br /><br />"Are you insane? What water cart?" <br /><br /><br />"The one we used to put out the fire." <br /><br /><br />"Good Lord! What fire are you talking about, man?" :rolleyes: <br /><br /><br />"The one at your house! A candle fell and the curtains caught on fire." <br /><br /><br />"What the.....!!! But there's electricity at the house!!!! What was the candle for?" <br /><br /><br />"For the funeral." <br /><br /><br />"WHAT BLOODY FUNERAL?!" :eek: <br /><br /><br />"Your mother's. She showed up one night out of the blue and I thought she was a thief, so I hit her with your new Tiger Woods Nike Driver." :( <br /><br /><br />SILENCE.................... <br /><br /><br />"Ernesto if you broke that driver you're fired!"

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Trouble at the country house

Different version from what I heard, but it is still good. When I was in Maine, I heard that on a "Bert and I" record. I bought one from LL Bean in Freeport. They had some good clean humor.<br /><br />Thanks for sharing that Bob

Link

Rear Admiral

Them clubs be expensive<br /> :D :D :D

JRJ

Commander

:D :D Good one Bob. I'm glad they didn't shoot Ernesto at the border. What would you do in VT for good help?