Trolling Plate Question

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
my question is, can you back up with the trolling plate down? Any input would be helpful being this is my first real boat, am new to boating and this forum.

Surffx

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trolling Plate Question

The reason I think it wouldn't be a good idea is that it would place pressure in the opposite direction it was disgned for. The metal plate itself and the locking mechanism is designed to have the water pushing on it going foward not backward.<br /><br />Just a thought, not a tried and true answer. I have one on the same exact boat...but havn't tried it. It will be interesting to see if any one has.

LubeDude

Admiral

I have used these on several boats Ive had in the past. The answer!<br /><br />Not worth a darn :eek: <br /><br />The best kind allow you to pull them up if you want to.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I have a happy troller it's the best money I spent. I seen people here saying they use buckets ang troll socks if you are seriuos about trolling buy it and you are already draggin enough of crap behind you already why more? I have backed up at idle with it down...but I wouldn't do it at anytime BUT IDLE.....