Trolling Motor

bassmani

Seaman Apprentice
Hello All.<br />My Evinrude Scout Trolling motor has a 12V or 24V switch. Question is... When i flip the 12V switch the TM prop turns one way and when i flip the 24V switch it goes the oppososite way..<br /><br />thoughts? Is this correct?<br /><br />thx

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trolling Motor

Before I go into a long discussion, give us some more information. How are your batteries wired. How many wires are there between the motor and the socket. How many contacts in the motor socket. This may seem rather odd but there are a couple of ways 12/24V motors were wired. To limit the amount of typing I need to do, let us know what you have.

bassmani

Seaman Apprentice

Upinsmoke,<br /><br />I have 2 batteries for my TM. TM has 3 leads red, black and white.<br /><br />I have the red to Battery 2 Pos<br /> white to Battery 1 Pos <br /> black to Battery 1 Neg<br />Crossover is from Battery 1 Pos to Battery 2 Neg<br /><br />thx

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Try reversing the black and white wires. In the 24V position, the red and white wires should feed 24V to the motor. In the 12V position the red and black should feed 12V to the motor. You should have a breaker in both of those wires.

bassmani

Seaman Apprentice

hey upinsmoke,<br /><br />Thanks for the info. i am going to try and swap it tomorrow, been working on glassing a new floor.