Trolling motor wiring

foozle

Recruit
Hi.

I have a 1996 Lund pro v 1890 boat and am trying to decipher how the trolling motor was connected to the two battery system. It is a 12 volt system, so they would be wired in parallel, but there are extra wires and am not sure what they are for or whether in the right place anymore. The fuses for the wires are on the wire near the batteries. Also, there is a plug in at the back of the boat for charging, so am assuming some of the extra wires are for that. Lund says the boat is too old for them to help me and the user manual wiring diagram isn't detailed enough.

Is there a way to unravel this? Are there a set # of wires I should be seeing?

Thanks!

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi.

I have a 1996 Lund pro v 1890 boat and am trying to decipher how the trolling motor was connected to the two battery system. It is a 12 volt system, so they would be wired in parallel, but there are extra wires and am not sure what they are for or whether in the right place anymore. The fuses for the wires are on the wire near the batteries. Also, there is a plug in at the back of the boat for charging, so am assuming some of the extra wires are for that. Lund says the boat is too old for them to help me and the user manual wiring diagram isn't detailed enough.

Is there a way to unravel this? Are there a set # of wires I should be seeing?

Thanks!
Hey Foozle -

I would start with the user manual and id what you can, if at all. Then start working through the wires by hand and ID'ing as you go. IF you can get access to a wire tracer, sends a single across the wire (unplugged while doing it of course!) and you can hear it at the other end.

These things are a PITA, but once you get it figured out - make sure you make notes!

Chuck

foozle

Recruit
Hey Foozle -

I would start with the user manual and id what you can, if at all. Then start working through the wires by hand and ID'ing as you go. IF you can get access to a wire tracer, sends a single across the wire (unplugged while doing it of course!) and you can hear it at the other end.

These things are a PITA, but once you get it figured out - make sure you make notes!

Chuck
Hi. Finally figured it all out with a multimeter and some effort. Thanks!