Trolling motor circuit breaker

Knotiboy

Seaman
Hi Folks,<br /><br />I have a 74 lb thrust Minnkota (24 volt)with a co-pilote. Every time I'm in 8,9,10th speed the motor shuts off , below that the will sometimes shut off in choppy waters or waves.<br />I have 50 amps circuit breakers connected at the very end of the 8 AWG wires , the only thing seperating the battery pole to the breakers is the tie on so it's very close to the pole (1").The distance between the on board plug and the batteries is 18 ft and that doesn't take in account the 4 ft of wire from the motor to the plug .My batteries are new and are full charge, the batteries are in a plastic case with a top in an inclosed area.<br />I was asking myself since the breakers are in the battery case, if it could be a heat issue because of the fact that they are inclosed or is my wiring not be enough but then, bigger means less electrical resistance.<br />BTW the boat weighs ± 3000lbs<br /> :confused:

Knotiboy

Seaman
Re: Trolling motor circuit breaker

I finally found out that the problem was a faulty circuit breaker.Can you believe that... it was new,i had bought a month ago.