Trivia Question

D

DJ

What marine industry "magnate" owns the credit for developing the pleated paper air filter for automotive engines?

D

DJ

Re: Trivia Question

Bingo!<br /><br />You get a "special prize" (my unending adoration) if you can spell his last name.

D

DJ

Nope.<br /><br />You're OK until you get behind the Kiek.

D

DJ

SBN wins my unending adoration. Something, I'm sure, he will be proud of. :D <br /><br />The answer is: Carl Kiekhaefer-Founder of Mercury Marine.<br /><br />If you have not read this book, I HIGHLY recommend it. A look at the outboard industry in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, into the eighties.<br /><br />An outstanding read. Most local librairies have it, or can get it. For free.<br /><br /> http://btobsearch.barnesandnoble.co...4787198&btob=Y&endeca=1&isbn=0945903049&itm=9 <br /><br />As a history lesson. Carl K. got into big time stock car racing (soon to become NASCAR) in the fifties. He had outstanding cars, and won, allot. But, he got tired of "dusted" (dirt ingested) engines after every race.<br /><br />Thus, his fertile mind developed the paper/pleated air filter we use today.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I protest.... SBN googled it.... Somebody throw a flag for crying out loud..... Nobody could spell that... :p :D

D

DJ

Snapper,<br /><br />As a consolation prize (I Googled it too, just to be 100% accurate) you also get my unending adoration. Something, I'm sure, you'll cherish. :D :D :D Or-NOT!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> I protest.... SBN googled it.... Somebody throw a flag for crying out loud..... Nobody could spell that... :p :D
I did not. I am offended that someone would think I cannnt spull. :p

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Maybe it was sum kinda hilbillie goof? <br /><br />Maybe sum kinda "idiot savant" thang a-goin on thar?...<br /> :p