Tripping in public- have you done it yet?

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer
Tripping in public over something is not fun at the time, but funny later. The worst thing is tripping and having witness's.. Here's one for the ladies.. I like Sears and ya, I'm a sears shopper.. In the ladies department some years back I dropped apair of underdogs that I was going to buy. I turned to look at a cutie nightie that was on sale. Well I tripped on the underwear that I dropped and went sailing down main floor trying to catch my balance.. I finally stopped into a sales rack. I didn't go to far but i was able to knock down a display of under things 2 sales racks and I lady standing by. She went into a rack herself and all her stuff went straight into the air.. Bad thing is when I looked up there were witness's, with their mouths just opened and paralyzed from the excitement. To top it off I had the underdogs still caught on my shoe. The words were , Oh My Gosh I am so sorry and started to help the lady up. She started laughing and so did I... She said this was better fun than shopping with the grand kids. The manager didn't know I was the one that dropped my own underwear that caused the whole thing and gave us 60% off of our purchase..Needless to say I left the undies behind. But I did buy about 1400.00 in clothes on sale at 600.00 plus the 60% savings and I spend about 260 with tax.. I walked out with alot on Clearance and sale items.. I did infact try to tell about the underwear thing being my falt, but when he blurted out 60% off I kind of lost self control and said I had more shopping to do..<br />See tripping in public can make you spend more money than you intended..

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Tripping in public- have you done it yet?

Wonder what kind of accident I can have in the tool dept.?

Rickfifty

Seaman

Originally posted by Barbara Dee:<br /> I was the one that dropped my own underwear that caused the whole thing
That might cause a commotion anywhere.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Some woman totally wiped out in front of me and my son. Missed the curb and landed hard on her hands and knees. OUCH!<br /><br />I was pulling the overflowing trashcan walking backwards and, you guessed it, tripped over the basketball stand and went flat on my back. Only witness was my son, and he was smart enough to not laugh.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Some woman totally wiped out in front of me and my son. Missed the curb and landed hard on her hands and knees. OUCH!<br /><br />I was pulling the overflowing trashcan walking backwards and, you guessed it, tripped over the basketball stand and went flat on my back. Only witness was my son, and he was smart enough to not laugh.<br /><br />Ken

ZmOz

Captain

Oh...I thought you were talking about a different kind of tripping. :D

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

One time when I was in college my friend put some funny liquid in my drink (LS-something?...) , and for the next 8 hours...<br /><br />Oh wait you mean tripping as in falling down.<br /><br />Yeah there was some of that too if I remember right, but I might not remember right.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

To make the post legit, In June my wife is in the back yard, calling me over to the fence to meet the new neighbors. So I come out of the house down the few stairs and my foot lands in this tiny little impression in the ground, and my ankle totally gives out. I hit the ground so fast you couldn't blink. Worst of all my wife is facing away from me and nobody saw a thing, I'm in serious pain and can barely get up. I try to get her attention discreetly and finally just say "I hurt myself I have to go inside". 30 minutes later I was en route to the hospital, popped ligament/sprained ankle. Second time on that ankle, I knew by the pop and the intense pain it was the ligament and not the bone. The docs the first time said I would have been better off breaking it because it would hurt less. <br /><br />Still swells up now almost 4 months later, still hurts, I'll be feeling that till the day I take the big nap I think.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Also I built a little something to cover over that hole at the bottom of the stairs. Can never be too careful...<br /><br />BEFORE:<br /><br />
BEFORE.JPG
<br /><br />AFTER:<br /><br />
DECK3.JPG

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

not sure if this counts, but my son and i were in K mart one day and all was good, was buying fishing stuff and all, and when we past this long row of bikes, i say to my son lil Brax try that there 10 speed out and see how it feels. Well that went good till he lifted his leg off the bike!! :eek: :eek: :eek: all of a sudden each bike started to fall and by the time we got to the end of the row to boggie out of there 15 bikes were laying on there side!! we laughed so hard we had tears. Hes only 11years old. we had a great day together, sure was funny though. Braxton

Tyme2fish

Commander

Not since the 1960's :D I kinew I wouldn't be the first response like this.

crab bait

Captain

no doubt you left those underdogs there DEE.. skid-marks all over 'um..!!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Tripped on a mirco dot once. Didn't even get hurt, but my cheeks were sore from laughing so hard. That was when I was young and dumb and full of ____.<br /><br />LOL @ Craby! :D

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Barbara Dee:<br />[QB] In the ladies department some years back I dropped apair of underdogs that I was going to buy. [QB]<br /><br /><br />I wasn't wearing the underdogs but I did leave skid marks, so you got part of that right..