Trim Working Again, Thanks Fishermark & DonS

BuzzM

Seaman
I had a problem where the up trim switch was inop, but the down trim & trailering switch worked. The trim limit switch was replaced about 1 1/2 years ago. Thanks to advice from Fishermark & Don S, I check for chaffed wiring and the bullet connectors near the pump. I cleaned those connectors and it works again.
Thanks.. this is a great forum.
Hopefully I 'll get my boat it tip top shape by the time I retire.

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Re: Trim Working Again, Thanks Fishermark & DonS

Hopefully I 'll get my boat it tip top shape by the time I retire

Good luck on that! 8)

With a boat it will ALWAYS be something. That's okay, helps keep us out of trouble. Glad you got it working.

Rock Hall

Petty Officer 1st Class

Could you please post a link to the original thread? I am having some trim problems and am interested in reading what was said.

Thanks
Mark

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Why don't you just start a new thread and post your problem. Include the year, and model number (Not HP rating) of your engine and drive.

avilesma

Recruit

BuzzM said:
I had a problem where the up trim switch was inop, but the down trim & trailering switch worked. The trim limit switch was replaced about 1 1/2 years ago. Thanks to advice from Fishermark & Don S, I check for chaffed wiring and the bullet connectors near the pump. I cleaned those connectors and it works again.
Thanks.. this is a great forum.
Hopefully I 'll get my boat it tip top shape by the time I retire.

avilesma

Recruit

I have the same problem with my Horizon 200. what should I chk for?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Again, start a new thread and post your problem. Include the year, make and model number (Not HP rating) of your engine and drive. It doesn't matter what kind of boat it is. It's the engine and drive system that has the problem.