Trim/Tilt

EvinFla

Seaman
On my 1995, 115 Evinrude, my hydraulics go down, but not up. When the up trim is pushed, I can hear an intermitant clicking noise coming from a box toward the upper back of the engine. This is where the trim/tilt wiring leads to. <br />Any suggestions?<br /><br />Thanks all

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trim/Tilt

Inside that box is two relays. Switch the position of the relays. If your problem is now the complete opposite, you have a faulty relay.

EvinFla

Seaman

Thanks Joe,<br /><br />Excuse my ignorance, but are the relays the little boxes that are side by side in the box. And to check them should I disconnect the wires from both and reverse them. Thanks again, I'm obviously new to outboard repair, and appreciate all of the help.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The relays are about an inch+/- square, with 4-5 wires going into them.<br /><br />One controls the "up" and one controls the "down".<br />If you swap the 2 relays, the motor should only go up, and not down.<br /><br />This will tell you that one of the relays is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Evin.... Yes, that's the relays. The wires aren't seperate wires but rather all are joined into a socket ie the relays plug into a socket assy.