Trim/Tilt no response

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Took out my 93 200hp Yami to give it a second run after removing heads and to check that the overheating problem was solved and wouldn't a now it.....something else.

Engine did run good but the trim was un-responsive. I could not even hear the relay click on anything. Completely unresponsive when pushing all buttons...(throtle,uper control on tower and switch on cowl)

Is there a fused link? what first?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trim/Tilt no response

yes there is a fuse, check for 12v on the red wire on the pan switch connecxtor, but most likly is a ground wire that got left off. you can also check for 12V on the trim harness but I have no clue which control box you have so I cant say where it is.

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank Rod,
I'll be on it in the morning....one more thing while I've got ya,,,have 2-bilge pumps that are poping fuses. Is there a patern here between the trim fuse and these bilges..the bilge will kick on for a moment with a new fuse but pops the fuse withing a few seconds...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

not supposed to be, how ever 6 dollar an hour riggers do strange things.
most likly either the pumps are failing or the fuse size is to small.

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It was indeed a ground wire....the panel that bolts the relays to the engine also is a ground. Both bolts were loose and not allowing for a proper ground.

Thanks again....