Trim Tab adjustment

Safari

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My boat pulls very hard to the left when I open the throttle. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you correct it? I think I should try to adjust the trim tab but am unsure as to the proper proceedure.I have a Mercruiser I.O.<br /><br />Thanks for any help.

AntsGrady

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trim Tab adjustment

When you say adjust the trim tabs you mean take the off and put them back on? I wouldn't think that would be the case. Are you sure they are both working? Trim tabs shouldn't make the boat pull to the right or left.

JC1933

Chief Petty Officer

Safari, hi if your boat pulls to the left ajust your tab to the left until it no longer pulls. Have a nice day. J,C,

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yep, just loosen it up and push it over a ways, tighten it, and go test it out.<br /><br />(AntsGrady, we are referring to the tab on the lower unit, not a set of tabs on the hull.)

Safari

Petty Officer 2nd Class

AntsGrady, I'm referring to the single trim tab below the cavitation plate on the drive leg.<br /><br />jc1933, Thank you. But,do you mean the leading edge of the tab?<br /><br />Thanks

JC1933

Chief Petty Officer

Safari, Yes just loosen the bolt that holds the tab in place turn it in the same direction as the pull of your boat. have fun ;) :D <br /> J,C,

Safari

Petty Officer 2nd Class

uH-oH I think I'm reading two answers as to which way the leading edge should point to. :confused:

Canuck 16

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Loosen the bolt and turn the trailing edge of the tab to the left (looking at it from behind). Try 1/2" first and go from there.<br /><br />Cheers... Canuck 16.

Moody Blue

Captain

What Canuck16 said. Turn the trailing (back) edge of the tab in the direction of the pull. Intuition tells you this is wrong, but it is the correct method. You should be able to set it so that you hardly notice any pull at all. If this does not correct the pull, then you have other problems that need to be looked at.

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander

My boat pulls very hard to the left when I open the throttle. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you correct it?
I asked my wife AGAIN if she remembered to retrieve the anchor. Problem solved.