Trim issues

Sbuchanan71

Recruit
Hey guys. Just picked up a 94 cobalt 252. Trim up at controls is no response. Trailer button with move outdrive up about 3” and stop. Trim down works as expected amd hydraulic pump looks and sounds good when operating. Gauge is pegged at up and doesn’t move.
I’ve found Minimal info available on YouTube university for the location of the sending unit, but I found it at rear of engine on top of bell housing. New 3 wire module is on the way. Any specs on this current unit for testing OHMS?? It runs between 35 and 175ohms when turned.
Also, the trim control module under dash behind the gauge is always red light on, doesn’t change. I would appreciate any tips/tricks to assist with testing these issues. TIA!!

Sbuchanan71

Recruit
Wow, thanks Scott! Just picked up the boat, so haven’t acquired a shop manual yet. You tube is often very helpful when good data is posted. And I don’t think the gauge is a problem since the trim limits seem to be the issue. Gauge is simply getting incorrect readings from sensor(s). And you seem to be the expert, so tell me what drive I have. I’ve seen many detailed and helpful comments on this site. Yours however, wasn’t one of them.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
If it's an AQ series, the gauge is the limit